Our credentials are available upon request within the boundaries of our strict confidentiality policy.
As an illustration, our current and completed mandates:
Interim Manager Finance for a technology and business oriented solutions and service company
with clients in telecommunication, media utility and convergent industries. The company offers end-to-end solutions that enable companies and organisations to accelerate and achieve transformation of
their business models as well as the optimisation and implementation of business processes based on state-of-the-art IT and communications technologies. The company employs 350 employees.
Finance Manager for a privately held Oil & Gas exploration company foccusing
on offshore assets in the African Atlantic Margin, one of the most promising underexplored regions of the world.
Centralization and Harmonization of
the Finance and Operations infrastructure for 5 subsidiaries of a traditional Swiss Holding Company
in the energy industry. The project includes the development and implementation of a cash flow planning tool based on IAS7 principles, process analysis, documentation, requirement specification,
benchmarking, preparation of tender documents, ERP vender selection, new process and business model design, project teaming, training, mentoring and transformation.
- Major achievements: process and organization re-engineering, synergy creation, cost reduction and implementation of a cloud-based ERP
system to perform finance and controlling best practice (reporting, planning, budgeting and cash management).
Reorganization of the HR accounting
department in Switzerland of one of the largest professional service firm in the world. The project
includes process analysis, documentation, requirement specification, benchmarking, new process and business model design, project teaming, training, mentoring and
- Major achievements: reduction of headcount and occupancy costs, process re-engineering, synergy creation and implementation of best
Interim Controller for Germany,
Austria and Switzerland (GSA) for an international management and technology consulting company
including the following project:
- Set-up of a shared service center (SSC) to centralize the sub-ledger of the respective GSA accounting
- Project management for refinancing, restructuring and merger of European subsidiaries, including overall planning and evaluation,
coordination of contracts, tax reports and resolutions by boards of directors and shareholders.
- Development of an audit and IFRS proofed pragmatic method for calculating, posting and maintaining expat tax assets and liabilities in
companies with employees working on cross border projects.
- Analysis, assessment and resolution of intra-company receivables, payables and non-valuable provisions of a large
international consulting company, including documentation for internal and external audit.
Interim Head of
Accounting for a subsidiary of a globally active speciality chemical company including the following
- Streamlining the monthly, quarterly and yearend financial close process, including process re-engineering and implementation of best
- Elaboration of a firm wide cost saving program, including the analysis of all cost drivers, benchmarking and the description of
recommendations for actions.
- Baseline study of all existing finance and accounting processes and reporting requirements, benchmarking, variance analysis,
reorganization, standardization and documentation.
- Implementation of a monthly profit and loss trend report for the management team.
- Configuration of a database for the annual firm wide budgeting and sales planning process, including automatic calculation of the cost
and sales rates for products and services.
- Design and implementation of a new fileserver structure for the finance and support department to ensure an efficient management of
documents and an effective collaboration within the team.
Manager for a family owned manufacturing business, including the following
- Organization and process optimization
- Commercial launch of a new product line
- Recertification of EN ISO 9001:2008
- Turnaround of the business.
- Preparation and conduction of training for finance and accounting staff.
- Implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404 and 302, including entity level controls, IT general controls and process controls at a large
- Setting-up a finance and controlling organization for a subsidiary company of a large US public listed corporation, including
implementation of an ERP system (SAP) and the development of an integrated planning, forecasting, budgeting and reporting tool.
- Project management for the spin-off activities of an international consulting business unit, including preparation and organization of
the financial due diligence in coordination with management teams and external lawyers.
- Development of the growth strategy for the real estate division of a Swiss retail company, including planning of workshops to
create the mission and vision for the company.
- Merger & reengineering project for the private banking segment of a large multinational bank.
- Development of a marketing process for an audit company to create cross- and up-selling opportunities for existing products and service
offerings, including market analysis, documentation and training of the staff.